Thursday, September 4, 2008

from 100 phone calls to traffic stops

I woke up this a.m. to the wonderful sound of rain. We needed some and we got it granted it rained probably 3/4ths of the day but we still needed it. Anyway I am thinking it is going to be a great day I love rainy days but I guess that is only when I DON'T have to work. My goodness every roof that has been put on since the dawn of time must have been leaking today because I kid you not I answered at least 100 phone calls before 11 it was insane.

After work I ran and picked up Mags and we jetted off to the bank and then home for a quick dinner adn then to Dana's to do some preshopping before the multiples sale she sells her previous years clothes( it is a wonderful thing to be able to shop in the comfort of someone elses home).

Maggie and I are on our way home and run by grandma's house since the light was on and then off to get gas. I know you can just read I am leading up to something. Anyway I am leaving the gas station and for some reason when HONDA made my car they forgot to install the auto lamps that come on when it is dark and a police officer decided he needed to pull me over and let me know that I didn't have my head lights on(it was only for a second I realized they weren't on before he turned his lights on to pull me over)!!

Then when he comes to the window Maggie asks him to make a ball for her out of her play doh that she is playing with in the backseat. He proceeds to say ...my address hey wasn't I at your house...point to the backseat for her...?... yes yes you were she fell off of a chair and was unconsceince. Then he puts our last name and Brian together and he said oh your in trouble now meaning the people I know are going to get me a ticket more so than n ot having my lights on ...by this time our officer friend pulls up and Maggie is chanting his name from the backseat ...she just loves Pete. By this time the other officer walks back up to the car and lets me off with a verbal warning...and the thought in my head I will never ever forget to turn my lights on again.

2 comments:

dana said...

and don't forget we were just talking about getting pulled over, LOL LOve when i preshop at other peoples houses too, b/c now my kids will try on stuff especially if i say this was Lanie Lexie or Lucas's.

Amanda said...

At least you only got a verbal! Maggie is just too cute...can you make me a ball? lol